Terms & Conditions
Terms relating to COVID-19 (updated 30.12.20)
We’re welcoming guests on the basis that they are responsible for complying with all current Government national laws, guidelines and national/local area restrictions which are in place to help prevent and control the spread of the virus.
Please use the government website to check the alert level for your postcode and for guidance on travel. If you have any concerns about your booking, please get in touch.
Book with Confidence
If we have to cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean that our address is included in a local or national lockdown and that it is unlawful for you to make use of the accommodation that you have booked you can choose:
- a full refund
- to move your booking to a new set of standard dates departing before 31st December 2021 and we will waive any associated administration charge to do this. New dates are subject to availability, if the cost of your new accommodation is higher than your original booking then you will need to pay the difference
- to request a voucher for the amount that you have paid. This can be used to book a new holiday online or by calling us and quoting your voucher code. Vouchers are valid for standard holiday dates that are available departing before 31st December 2021
If either you or we have to cancel your booking because UK government public health measures mean that your home address is included in a local lockdown and that it is unlawful for you to travel to your accommodation:
- you can choose to move your booking to a new set of standard dates departing before 31st December 2021 and we will waive any associated administration charge to do this. New dates are subject to availability, if the cost of your new accommodation is higher than your original booking then you will need to pay the difference
- you can request a voucher for the amount that you have paid. This can be used to book a new holiday online or by calling us and quoting your voucher code. Vouchers are valid for standard holiday dates that are available departing before 31st December 2021
- we reserve the right to cancel your booking and issue a voucher as above should it be clear at any time in advance of your arrival date that a review in Government law will not have been made prior to your date of arrival
Please note that it is your responsibility to notify us of any changes to local area restrictions associated with the postcode on your booking making it unlawful for you to travel, you should notify us within 24 hours of a change to restrictions. If you do not contact us we will assume you are able to travel as planned and we will not be able to move your dates or issue a voucher once your date of arrival has passed.
If you are unable to travel to your accommodation because you show symptoms of Coronavirus and have to self-isolate, are requested by Track and Trace to self-isolate or have contracted Coronavirus and have to self-isolate then please contact us as soon as possible. If you are unwell we wish you a speedy recovery. If you have taken out holiday insurance you may wish to contact your provider to confirm if you’re covered under the terms of your policy. Alternatively and once your written instruction to cancel your booking has been received we would then try to re-let the accommodation and only if re-let and there is no loss to the business will a form of refund be considered. The amount of refund will be dependent on the rental value secured for the re-let which may have been discounted to secure a booking.
We reserve the right to request relevant written proof in order to validate a cancellation associated with our COVID-19 terms detailed above.
Leisure club info and adjustments to service ref Covid guidelines
Due to National Lockdown restrictions the club will be closed on Wednesday 4th November 2020 at normal closing time until Wednesday 2nd December (the club will re-open on Thursday 3rd December 2020 subject to further government restrictions).
Please note that Covid laws, guidelines or restrictions might change and use of the facilities for any future bookings may have to be withdrawn at short notice, all bookings at Crylla Valley Cottages must be made on the basis that the facilities at the club might not be available during your accommodation dates.
Standard booking terms
Bookings & Payment
- Persons making a booking with Crylla Valley Cottages must be over 21 years of age and be a member of the persons occupying the booked property. They will be the named person/individual of the booking and take full responsibility for the details/information provided, payments owed, all other individuals of the booking parties’ behaviour and actions, as well as agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All bookings will be confirmed by email or by request in writing; we strongly advise no further travel arrangements are made until you are in receipt of a confirmation of booking.
- We have the right to refuse any booking before we send you your written confirmation. If we do this, we will tell you in writing and promptly return to you any money you have paid to us. In this case we will have no legal responsibility to you.
- Reservation Fee – a non-refundable payment to secure a booking, this will be displayed as a Deposit payment. £100 is required to secure bookings up to 7 nights, £200 to secure a booking for a term of 8 – 14 nights, then an additional £100 per part/full weeks stay thereafter.
- Balance – must be paid by cleared funds on or before 6 weeks to the date of arrival, please ensure you are aware of the due payment dates. You have the option for an automatic balance payment to be withdrawn from your preferred card. In the event of the balance not being cleared by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and re-let the property. If re-letting cannot be arranged you will be liable for payment of the full balance. Accepted card types are displayed for online bookings, we do not accept American Express or PayPal. BACS will be considered upon request.
- No dates are able to be secured or made provisional without any form of payment.
- Your booking shall be in accordance with the details confirmed at the time of booking. Your booking is non-transferable and non-alterable. If you do wish us to make an alteration to your booking, we will use reasonable endeavours to accommodate your request, but no guarantee can be given. An administration fee of £25 may be charged for making any alteration to your booking and increased rates may apply for altered accommodation and/or timings. Where an alteration results in a reduction in duration and/or is for a downgrade in property, no refund will be given, but we will attempt to waiver our administration fee where possible. Once the contract is made it cannot be transferred to anyone else or changed (including the members of your party) without our agreement.
- Only those people listed on your booking confirmation are entitled to occupy the accommodation. For safety and security the total number of guests must not exceed the maximum capacity as advertised on our website. Children and infants must be included and numbers comply with the guidelines stipulated for each property type.
- In the interest of the enquiring party and other guests we reserve the right to refuse large groups of any sort and to limit the number of properties booked by the same group to no more than one.
- Should you have to cancel your holiday please inform us immediately by telephone and confirm in writing. Cancellations will be confirmed by email and you will forfeit your reservation fee.
- In the event of a cancellation being made after your full fee has been paid; a refund may be made at the proprietor’s discretion if the cancellation is caused by death, accident or illness to any members of the party and where a medical certificate accompanies the cancellation.
- If a cancellation is made for any other reason, every effort will be made to re-let the unit, and only if re-let and there is no loss to the business will a form of refund be considered. The definition of re-let is when all other accommodation is let. The amount of refund will be dependent on the rental value secured for the re-let which may have been discounted to secure a booking and will be less your reservation fee. You are therefore advised to take out holiday insurance.
Our current tariff prices are found via our website and may be subject to change at any time. The price paid at the time of reservation is the price agreed for your booking and cannot subsequently be changed by way of Special Offers or price reductions/increases made after the date you placed your booking. Prices quoted are for our properties not for the individual party members; and they are fully inclusive of energy, rates and VAT where applicable and at the current rate.
For example: The occupancy shown as ‘sleeps 6 + 2’ means that there a 6 bed spaces within the property and that there may be an additional 2 sleeping spaces available. The +2 may have age restrictions, please refer to the individual property descriptions for additional sleeping arrangements and the maximum overall occupancy made up of adults, children and infants. Additional sleeping options may be charged accordingly. Where available, sofa beds are 4ft doubles and for comfort reasons we recommend use by either one adult or up to two children aged up to 12 years of age; charged at £25 per stay and inclusive of linen & towels and may be limited to stays up to a maximum of 7 nights. Where available an additional foam child bed for children ages up to 6 years maximum is charged at £10 per stay; availability of the child bed would be dependent on each property type and occupancy & is inclusive of linen & towels; please see the individual property descriptions. Travel Cots are available in most properties but not all, please ensure you check each properties details to see if this option is available. Depending on your child preferences and size Travel Cots may be suitable for children up to a maximum of 3 years of age; charged at £5 per cot including an absorbent pad, (please note we do not provide infant bedding). We do not permit guests to add their own extra beds, such as camp beds or inflatable mattresses. Sleeping directly on sofas is prohibited. The maximum occupancy of each property is as stated on each property description page and booking request form and as agreed at time of booking and must not be exceeded. Please ensure you abide by these restriction and take note of the maximum occupancy including infants. Double, King and Super-king sized beds are for a maximum of 2 people.
All of our properties are inspected by ‘Visit Britain’ and have been awarded four stars for 1, 2 and 3 Bedroom Valley View Cottages, 1 & 2 bedroom Elm Cottages, Stable Cottage, Rosewood Cottages and Woodland Cottages (where applicable, if you decide to utilize sofa beds the property will be rated three stars). Riverside Cottages, Brookside and Fir Trees have been awarded a three-star grading. Please note that soft furnishings may vary from those photographed but will be of a similar style and of an appropriate standard for the property grading.
Free Leisure Membership
Each of our properties comes with an allocation of free leisure membership passes to the nearby China Fleet Golf & Country Club, valid for the duration of the booking. This gives free unlimited use of indoor heated 25m swimming pool, aqua spa, exercise classes, fitness suite & racquet sports. The following allocations apply – maximum 2 adults + 2 children per 1-bedroom property, 2 adults + 3 children per 2-bedroom property, 4 adults + 3 children per 3-bedroom property and 4 adults + 4 children per 4-bedroom property. Children are classed as between 5 and 17 years old, under 5’s are free!!
Should these allocations not cover your group you will be able to purchase additional day entry at the club for additional requirements. Note: passes are transferable within the group. Please enquire for more details.
Whilst at the club, Crylla Valley Cottage members are asked kindly to abide by the club rules and regulations which include age and height restrictions. You must be 14+ years to use the gym facilities and 16+ to use Aqua Spa. Further details are available on request. On occasion there maybe services at the club that have been affected by reactive or planned maintenance which are beyond our control and that may result in restricted access to certain facilities, there is no redeemable value associated to the free memberships and as such refunds are not available.
On arrival at Crylla Valley, a cash only deposit of £5 for one or £10 for two or more membership cards is payable. This deposit is to ensure the safe return of each card at which time the deposit will be refunded. Upon the card being lost, damaged or stolen the deposit will cover the cost of the replacement required.
Arrivals & Departures
Bookings are from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure. We like to prepare the properties to a high standard of cleanliness and appreciate arrivals not before 4pm.
Items that are available to request are stipulated for each of our property types on individual property listings and may include stair gates, high chairs and travel cots. If selecting a travel cot please note that due to your child’s specific requirements and preferences we ask that you provide your own bedding and towels. All equipment must be requested at time of booking.
Crylla Valley Cottages accept well behaved dogs by prior arrangement; the price is £5 a day per dog. We reserve the right to restrict the number of dogs allowed per property, (generally a maximum of two small to medium sized dogs dependant on breed) and to restrict the total number of dogs in residence across the whole of our complex at any given date. Some breeds of dog including those listed in the Dangerous Dog Act are not allowed. Dogs are not permitted in the enclosed children’s play area and must be on leads around the grounds at all times, with the exception of our meadow & woodland walk. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs and are to dispose of waste using bins provided located at the woodland & meadow entrances. Dogs are not to be left unattended as this can lead to distress to the animal, noise disturbance to other guests and potential damage to our property. We politely ask that your dog has been vaccinated and treated for fleas and parasites in advance of your arrival. Please enquire should you wish to bring any other type of family pet; we may consider pets on a case by case basis.
Smoking, including the use of E-cigarettes, is strictly not permitted in any of our properties or buildings. For the safety and benefit of all our guests we ask if you like to smoke to please do so outside of the properties where there are cigarette bins provided. If smoking has occurred within the accommodation a minimum charge of £150 to cover deep cleaning will be raised against any person or party to be found to have done so.
If any member of your party suffers from an allergy, we would strongly recommend that you do not book accommodation before making us aware so that we can discuss your specific needs.
Accessibility and specific needs
If your group includes someone with any specific needs, it’s always best to let us know before making a booking. We can then try to ensure both the accommodation and surroundings are suitable for you and all members of your party. If you do not inform us prior to or at the time of booking, we cannot be held responsible if the accommodation is not suitable.
Car Parking and vehicles
On arrival all vehicles must be registered at Pine Lodge Reception. We offer one allocated parking bay for each property, with an exception to our Woodland cottages which have two each. Overflow parking is available onsite on a first come first served basis and therefore not guaranteed. Prior consent from Crylla Valley Cottages is required for minibuses, motorhomes, sign written vans, trailers & long wheel base vehicles. Please note there is a height restriction upon entering our site, please enquire if your vehicle is in excess of 3 metres tall. The speed limit on site is strictly 5 mph. Your vehicles, their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever other than, in the case of negligence by us or our employees or agents.
You and your party are responsible for all of your possessions whilst at Crylla Valley Cottages and in your holiday home, we are unable to accept any liability for any loss, damage or theft of your personal belongings during your stay.
Home Delivery Policy
Major Supermarkets do make deliveries to Crylla Valley Cottages and we do not discourage our guests from using these helpful services, but please take note of the following: Ensure your delivery is arranged for a time and date where you will be able to sign and receive it. Crylla Valley Cottages will not be able to assist in any deliveries in your absence and will not take responsibility for any goods ordered and/or any ‘alternatives’ offered. It is essential you will be here to receive your order, as in your absence deliveries will be returned to the store. Prior to placing your food order, please ask a Crylla Valley staff member your holiday cottage number and then inform them of the expected delivery date and time. If you cannot guarantee your arrival time; http://www.food4myholiday.com/ delivers local Cornish produce to your kitchen fridge – that’s service!
Lost & Found
Claimed items can be sent back on request, Crylla Valley Cottages will require payment to cover the cost of postage. If items are not claimed within 14 days of departure, they may be given to charity or discarded. Food items that are left on departure such as Alcohol, fridge/freezer contents and drinks will be deemed to have been discarded and will be disposed of on the day of departure. Unopened food items, where possible and at our discretion, may be donated to the local food bank.
We would like to point out that a hirer is legally held responsible for any damage or breakage. We would appreciate notification of breakages, to ensure the accommodation is fully equipped for future guests.
No one offer can be taken in conjunction with any other offer. All offers are subject to availability. Discounts cannot be retrospectively applied to bookings already made prior to any relevant offers.
Fires and BBQ’s
For safety reasons open fires including charcoal BBQ’s are not permitted on our grounds. From June through to September, dates can vary dependant on weather conditions, gas BBQ’s are provided. During opening hours compatible butane gas bottles are available to hire at a small charge from our Pine Lodge Reception.
Rights and behaviour
We would like all our guests to enjoy their holiday with us. We therefore reserve the right to refuse some bookings, if we think a person or group will compromise the enjoyment of other guests or the wellbeing of staff. If you are unruly or antisocial whilst staying with us, you will be required to leave immediately without a refund. This type of behaviour includes, but is not limited to, any discrimination against, or harassment of anyone in relation to their sex, race, colour, religion, religious or philosophical belief, nationality, age, ethnic origin, relationship status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender re-assignment.
Crylla Valley Cottages reserves the right to terminate any booking prior to and at time of arrival and during your stay, without compensation or refund, should any of the booking party members be deemed to be unsuitable to take charge, compromise the enjoyment of other visitors or be in breach of any of our terms. We ask guests to be considerate of others, noise disturbance and disruptive behaviour from any source whatsoever and at any time of day cannot be accepted. Crylla Valley Cottages maintain all its grounds, property and contents with all due diligence. However, no claims will be entertained in respect of faulty items, breakages or force majeure.
We regret we cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to force majeure. Circumstances amounting to force majeure include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of the property that you have holiday rented from us (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or any similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
Website and printed information
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure that the details on our website or on any relevant documents sent or displayed digitally or in printed format, including any promotions, are correct at time of being published. We cannot accept responsibility for errors contained therein or results thereof. We are not responsible for unforeseen events or matters over which we have no control. While we do our best to ensure that all information is up to date and accurate, there is always the possibility for human error. All accommodation is subject to availability. All images used are representative and are used for illustrative purposes only. Soft furnishing might differ from those photographed.
Crylla Valley Cottages is the marketing name of Sunnybanks Estates Ltd. Registered in England. Registered Office: Fairmead Court, Vallards Lane, Hatt, Cornwall, PL12 6PT. Directors: A Walsh, S Walsh. Reg No 932388. VAT No 823 8529 14.